Repadmin Whitepaper - another great updated document ~ My blog about Active Directory and everything else

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Repadmin Whitepaper - another great updated document

Yesterday I mentioned the updated Forest recovery whitepaper.

Today Microsoft has released another update to what I consider one of the most important AD related whitepapers.

Troubleshooting replication with repadmin

This document describes how to use the Repadmin.exe tool to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot common replication problems in your Active Directory environment.

Updated with new commands for managing read-only domain controllers in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2


While the forest recovery paper is important many of us thankfully won't have to deal with a scenario where every domain controller in the forest goes down.

Repadmin and troubleshooting replication is key in any active directory domain. That is why I think this is one of the must have white papers on any AD admin/engineers desk.

...and to my employer...yes this is one white paper that I had to print out :)

Thanks

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mike,

    I might have missed that one!

    Cheers,
    Florian

    ReplyDelete