Windows Server 8 Beta - Schema Version - Update ~ My blog about Active Directory and everything else

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Windows Server 8 Beta - Schema Version - Update

I previously posted a "quick-hitter" blog about the Active Directory Schema version in Windows 8 Developers Preview.

Windows Server 8 Beta has been out for over a week now and I have a domain controller in my lab for testing.  The schema version is now 52


I once again used adfind to quickly find the schema version.



I've updated the Active Directory Schema version table below.


Windows Server 8 Beta52
Windows 2008 R247
Windows 200844
Windows 2003 R231
Windows 200330
Windows 200013


7 comments:

  1. I believe that this is not the last Schema version for Windows Server 8 ;)

    I "feel" that it would change in the final release :]

    I would say that the final SC ver would be 55 (does any one bet ? :P)

    Regards,
    Krzysztof

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with 54, but if the next version is RTM then it could be 53 but I'll stick with 54 for the bet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed out version 39 (2008 beta) from your table :)
    Since they increased with five extensions from the beta version to RTM with Win2008, my bet goes with version 57 :)

    sg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sg!! You are right, forgot about 39. I need to think of a prize for this bet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    we both were not right! :) Windows Server 2012 RC schema version is 56
    It's higher that we predicted ;)

    Regards,
    Krzysztof

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mike,

    you'll need to update your post again. We're on 56 with Release Candidate :-)

    C:\Users\florian.INTERN\Downloads\AdFind>AdFind.exe -sc schver

    AdFind V01.46.00cpp Joe Richards (joe@joeware.net) March 2012

    Using server: dc-win8-8250.intern.frickelsoft.net:389
    Directory: Windows Server 8
    Base DN: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=intern,DC=frickelsoft,DC=net

    dn:CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=intern,DC=frickelsoft,DC=net
    >objectVersion: 56 [UNKNOWN]

    Talk to you soon,
    Florian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Flrian and Krzystof...great information, I just posted a new blog entry and gave you both credit for beating me to this info :)

    Talk to you later

    Mike

    ReplyDelete